Alain Brillat, Mathilde Bernardini Parenti et 8 autres personnes
The Cannes Film Festival is a noteable Festival in the Côte d’Azur région of France.
The affiche of the 2023 with Catherine Deneuve is really beautiful this year and gives us a lot of emotions .
A lot of important personnalities will be in Cannes this year .
Michael Douglas will be here and will received a Palm of Honor for his career and will open the Festival .Michael Douglas loves France and the French Cinéma .He has presented 4 films in Cannes competition and the brilliant film Basic Instinct from Paul Verhoeven in 1992 with Sharon Stone .
The 76th édition is said to be back on the 16th May to 27th of May 2023.
The event started off with a press conference, which unveiled the list of the selected films.
Chiara Mastroianni will be the ceremony mistress of this 76 Edition .
Cannes is unique amongst A-list film festivals in that it’s an event largely reserved for film industry professionals and the press. Accreditation, screenings, and entry to official venues is tightly controlled, with the vast majority of the festival off-limits to the general public.
The premiere will be among the most A-list heavy, as the film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, and Brendan Fraser, along with newcomer Lily Gladstone. As previously announced, the festival will open with Maiwenn’s period drama “Jeanne du Barry” starring Johnny Depp.
Thierry Frémaux and Iris Knobloch announced the list of selected films for this 76th edition of the Cannes Festival. A selection that wants to be the most heterogeneous on the genre cinema. Thierry Frémaux indicates that the selection committee of the festival has viewed more than 2,000 films before being able to establish this list.
The jury for the 76th film festival are as follows:
- RUBEN ÖSTLUND – President (Sweden)
- MARYAM TOUZANI – Director & screenwriter (Morocco)
- DENIS MÉNOCHET – Actor (France)
- RUNGANO NYONI – Screenwriter & director (Zambia/United Kingdom)
- BRIE LARSON – Actress, director & producer (United States)
- PAUL DANO – Actor, screenwriter & director (United States)
- ATIQ RAHIMI – Writer & director (Afghanistan)
- DAMIÁN SZIFRÓN – Director & writer (Argentina)
- JULIA DUCOURNAU – Director & screenwriter (France)
The films of the Official Selection in competition for the category of Palme d’Or are as follows:
- CLUB ZERO by Jessica HAUSNER
- THE ZONE OF INTEREST by Jonathan GLAZER
- FALLEN LEAVES by Aki KAURISMAKI
- THE GIRLS OF OLFA (FOUR DAUGHTERS) by Kaouther BEN HANIA
- ASTEROID CITY by Wes ANDERSON
- ANATOMY OF A FALL by Justine TRIET
- MONSTER by KORE-EDA Hirokazu
- IL SOL DELL’AVVENIRE by Nanni MORETTI
- THE CHIMERA by Alice ROHRWACHER
- THE DRY HERBS (KURU OTLAR USTUNE / ABOUT DRY GRASSES) by Nuri Bilge CEYLAN
- LAST SUMMER by Catherine BREILLAT
- THE PASSION OF DODIN BOUFFANT by TRAN Anh Hung
- RAPITO by Marco BELLOCCHIO
- MAY DECEMBER by Todd HAYNES
- FIREBRAND by Karim AÏNOUZ
- THE OLD OAK by Ken LOACH
- BANEL AND ADAMA by Ramata-Toulaye SY (First film)
- PERFECT DAYS by Wim WENDERS
- YOUTH by WANG Bing
- BLACK FLIES by Jean-Stéphane SAUVAIRE
- LE RETOUR by Catherine CORSINI
CANNES PREMIERE CATEGORY:
- KUBI by Takeshi KITANO
- BONNARD, PIERRE ET MARTHE by Martin PROVOST
- CERRAR LOS OJOS by Victor ERICE
- LE TEMPS D’AIMER by Katell QUILLÉVÉRÉ
- PERDIDOS EN LA NOCHE by Amat ESCALANTE
- L’AMOUR ET LES FORÊTS by Valérie DONZELLI
- EUREKA by Lisandro ALONSO
SPECIAL SCREENINGS CATEGORY:
- MAN IN BLACK by WANG Bing
- OCCUPIED CITY by Steve MCQUEEN
- ANSELM by Wim WENDERS
- RETRATOS FANTASMAS by Kleber MENDONÇA FILHO (PICTURES OF GHOSTS)
- LITTLE GIRL BLUE by Mona ACHACHE
- BREAD AND ROSES by Sahra MANI
- LE THÉORÈME DE MARGUERITE by Anna NOVION
- AS FILHAS DO FOGO by Pedro COSTA | Short Movie
- STRANGE WAY OF LIFE by Pedro ALMODÓVAR | Short Movie
MIDNIGHT SCREENINGS CATEGORY:
- KENNEDY by Anurag KASHYAP
- OMAR LA FRAISE by Elias BELKEDDAR | 1st film
- ACIDE by Just PHILIPPOT
- HYPNOTIC by Robert RODRIGUEZ
- PROJECT SILENCE by KIM Tae-gon
OUT OF COMPETITION CATEGORY:
- INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY by James MANGOLD
- COBWEB by KIM Jee-woon
- THE IDOL by Sam LEVINSON
- KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON by Martin SCORSESE
- L’ABBÉ PIERRE – UNE VIE DE COMBATS by Frédéric TELLIER
Adejoke Olarinoye MSc Management of the Flavor and Fragrance IndustryMarketing TrackUniversité Côte d’Azur
- Juliette Espinasse Dubois Art and culture Ambassadrice